- Cascade Cast Iron Style Rainwater Hoppers
Cascade Cast Iron Style Rainwater Hoppers
The wide range of Cascade Cast Iron Effect hopper styles and designs provides the opportunity for the designer and home owner to individualise their rainwater system. The hopper designs include traditional Ogee, Bath and Gothic hoppers and a choice of period motifs including Dated, Tudor Rose, Fleur de Lys, Lion and Gargoyles.
Please note that Cascade cast-iron effect items are a non-stock item and delivered direct from the manufacturer. Coloured cast iron effect guttering can take up to 15-days for production & delivery
- What is a rainwater hopper?A rainwater hopper is a component of a rainwater drainage system that collects rainwater from the roof and channels it into a downpipe. It is typically a funnel-shaped device that is attached to the edge of the roof and is designed to prevent debris from entering the drainage system. The collected rainwater is then directed to a storage tank or a drainage system.
- What are Victorian rain hoppers?Victorian rain hoppers are decorative metal or ceramic pieces that were installed on the corners of buildings during the Victorian era to collect rainwater from the roof and direct it into downspouts. They often feature intricate designs and were considered a stylish addition to buildings during that time period.
- What is a hopper head used for?A hopper head is used in plumbing and drainage systems to collect rainwater from the roof and direct it into a downpipe. It is typically installed at the bottom of a rainwater downpipe and can be designed in various shapes and sizes to suit different building styles and water flow requirements.
- What is a hopper in wastewater treatment?A hopper in wastewater treatment is a large container used to collect and temporarily store solid waste materials, such as sludge or grit, that have been removed from the wastewater during the treatment process. The hopper is typically located at the end of the treatment process and is designed to allow the solids to settle out of the wastewater before they are removed and disposed of.
- What are the different types of hopper?Types of Hoppers: Gravity Hoppers, Vibratory Hoppers, Screw Conveyor Hoppers, Belt Feeder Hoppers, and Air-Activated Gravity Hoppers.