Build Plumb Plastics stock a comprehensive range of rainwater and roofline plastics, manufactured in the UK by Brett Martin. We supply a wide range of styles including 112mm Half-Round Style Guttering, 106mm Ogee ProStyle Guttering, 114mm Square Style Guttering, 115mm DeepStyle Guttering, 75mm guttering and the new improved 170mm High Capacity Industrial guttering system. All upvc guttering products are available in colours Black, Artic White, Brown, Anthracite Grey and Grey with a full range of gutter and downpipe fittings to accompany all of the styles of guttering.
If you are after an authentic plastic cast iron effect heritage look, check out the Brett Martin Cascade Cast Iron Effect range, now available in 7 colours.
We also stock the Polypipe Miniflow Guttering System. This is typically used for guttering on smaller outbuildings, sheds, summer houses and conservatories and is available in Black and White, including 2 metre, 50mm downpipe and fittings.
- What is the meaning of guttering?Guttering is the system of channels and pipes that are installed around a building to collect and direct rainwater away from walls, foundations and roofs. It helps protect buildings from water damage by preventing the buildup of water near foundations or walls and encourages runoff into an accessible location such as rain tanks, soakwells, or drainage systems.
- How many types of guttering are there?There are several different types of guttering available to residential and commercial properties such as roofing rain gutters, half-round gutters, box gutters, fascia gutters, K-style or ogee gutters and G-style or scalloped gutters. Each type has its own advantages to the particular structure and environment it inhabits so make sure you do your research before committing to a purchase.
- How long does plastic gutter last?Plastic gutters are durable and can last up to 25 years or more, depending on how well they are maintained. For maximum longevity and protection against damage, it is important to clean your plastic guttering system regularly and check for leaks or other damage.
- Is Aluminium guttering better than plastic?During heavy storms, plastic guttering tends to suffer physical damage and needs to be replaced more often than aluminium. Aluminium guttering is not only lightweight but incredibly durable, making it the better option as it can withstand extreme weather conditions and last longer than plastic without any need for maintenance.
- How to join guttering and downpipes?Joining guttering and downpipes is a straightforward task that can usually be done in a few steps. To join the two components, you will need to purchase necessary parts such as flexible joiners, unions, corner brackets and end caps. Once you have all the items, connect them properly using sealant or silicone adhesive before waiting for it to dry. Finally, ensure that the connection is secure by testing it out with water.