Twin Wall Drainage Pipe and Fittings
A twin wall drainage pipe is two (HDPE high-density polyethene) pipes welded together inside one another.
The outer wall of a twin wall drainage pipe is corrugated for additional strength whilst the inner wall is smooth for superior flow.
Twinwall pipes are available in carrier or perforated configurations in a selection of sizes – ranging from 110mm to 600mm in diameter.
Unperforated pipes (also known as solid or carrier drains) are used to carry surface and stormwater, whereas perforated systems are used in the place of land drains – collecting excess rainwater from the ground.
To find out more about twin wall drainage pipes and fittings, don’t hesitate to talk to the team.
Twin wall drainage pipes to suit every need
As plastic drainage specialists, Build Plumb Plastics is delighted to stock a range of HDPE high-performance twinwall pipes.
These are designed for use with all non-pressure, surface and sub-surface stormwater drainage applications, agricultural ditch work, culverts and much more.
However, Highways Agency-compliant pipes and British Board of Agreement-approved pipes are both available upon request, too.
For highways and railway drainage, please contact the Sales Team on 01255 258 525 and ask us about BBA twinwall.
To complete our twinwall range, we also stock a variety of fittings – including (but not limited to) 15, 45 and 90-degree bends and junctions, couplers and seals.
So, why not check them out below?
Why use Twinwall?
There are several ways in which you can benefit from using twin wall drainage pipes and fittings.
- Lightweight products – easier to transport, handle and install
- Recognised alternative to concrete and clay pipes
- High strength and durability
- Excellent resistance to differential settlement
- Minimal jointing compared with traditional materials
- Easily cut to required lengths
- Made from HDPE – meaning they’re lighter than conventional concrete pipes and stronger than PVC
- Enhanced profile – stronger pipe
- Optimal environmental credentials
- Improved abrasion resistance
- Less brittle, less vulnerable to crack propagation
- Ideal for cold weather applications
Purchase Twinwall pipes online
When it comes to ordering twin wall drainage pipes online at BP Plastics, it couldn’t be more straightforward.
Simply click through the different category pages to find out more about the different twinwall pipe sizes and options available and identify the most suitable pipes and fittings for your surface water and stormwater application.
Then, add them to your basket and proceed to the checkout.
Our team will parcel your items up ready to be delivered to your preferred address. We’ll always keep you updated on the progress of your order, so you know exactly when to expect them to arrive.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about twinwall pipes or you’d like to discuss your requirements in further detail, you’re more than welcome to contact our friendly team.
We’re always on hand to share our expertise and provide you with the information you need.
- What is twin wall drainage?Twin wall drainage is a type of drainage system that consists of two layers of plastic pipes, one inside the other. The outer layer is corrugated and provides strength and protection, while the inner layer is smooth and allows for efficient water flow. This type of drainage system is commonly used in construction and civil engineering projects to manage surface water and prevent flooding.
- Why use a twin wall drainage pipe?Twin wall drainage pipe is a popular choice for drainage systems due to its durability, strength, and resistance to corrosion. It is also lightweight and easy to install, making it a cost-effective option. Additionally, its smooth interior surface allows for efficient water flow and reduces the risk of blockages.
- What is a twin wall used for?Twin walls are commonly used for construction and insulation purposes. It is a type of corrugated plastic sheeting that is lightweight, durable, and weather-resistant, making it ideal for roofing, cladding, and signage. It is also used for packaging and storage solutions, such as boxes and containers.
- What size are twin wall drainage pipes?Twin wall drainage pipes come in various sizes, ranging from 150mm to 600mm in diameter. The size you need will depend on the specific requirements of your drainage system.
- What is the difference between single wall and double wall drain pipe?Single wall drain pipe is a thin, lightweight pipe that is used for low-volume drainage systems. Double wall drain pipe, on the other hand, is a thicker, heavier pipe that is used for high-volume drainage systems. The double wall design provides added strength and durability, making it ideal for use in commercial and industrial applications. Additionally, double wall drain pipe is often used in areas where the ground is unstable or prone to shifting, as it is less likely to collapse or become damaged over time.