Black MDPE PE80 Water Supply Pipe
Black MDPE PE80 Water Pipe.
Black MDPE is typically used for pumping foul, grey and surface water. Also known as pumping main and riser main.
Available diameters: 20mm, 25mm, 32mm, 40mm, 50mm, 63mm
Coil sizes: 25m, 50m, 100, 150m* 6m* (check availability for 150m coils and 6m lengths)
Diameters greater than 63mm are also available, please contact the Sales Team for pricing.
- What is black MDPE pipe used for?Black MDPE (medium-density polyethylene) pipe is commonly used for underground gas lines and water mains. It is also used for irrigation systems and industrial applications where chemical resistance is important.
- Is black MDPE pipe UV resistant?Yes, black MDPE (medium-density polyethylene) pipe is UV resistant. It is designed to withstand outdoor exposure and is commonly used for underground gas and water supply lines.
- What is the life expectancy of MDPE pipe?The life expectancy of MDPE (medium-density polyethylene) pipe can vary depending on factors such as the quality of the pipe, the environment it is installed in, and the level of maintenance. However, on average, MDPE pipes can last for up to 50 years or more.
- Can black MDPE pipe be used outside?Yes, black MDPE (medium-density polyethylene) pipe can be used outside. It is commonly used for underground gas and water supply lines, as well as irrigation systems. However, it is important to ensure that the pipe is rated for outdoor use and is installed correctly to prevent any leaks or damage.
- Why can't you use black pipe for water?Black pipe is not recommended for water lines because it is prone to rusting and corroding over time, which can contaminate the water and lead to health problems. Additionally, black pipe is not as flexible as other types of piping, making it more difficult to install and repair. It is recommended to use copper, PVC, or PEX piping for water lines instead.