Electric and Gas meter boxes are manufactured from an advanced dough moulding compound and are used to house gas, electrical and cable meters. They are manufactured to local authority specifications and are available in standard sizes.
Gas meter boxes
We supply a variety of recessed and wall mounted gas meter boxes. All of our gas meter boxes conform to British Standard BS 8499: 2009.
Domestic recessed, built in wall, gas meter box – UK standard
- GRP Box complete with spigot and key to house domestic gas meter.
- Durable and resistant against rusting and corrosion.
- Designed for installations to BS 6400 1:2:3.
- Complies with British Standard BS 8499:2009.
- Glass Reinforced Polyester Moulding (GRP).
- Fire Retardant BS476, Part 7, 1997, Class 2
- Dimensions: 595mm x 409mm x 214mm
Electrical Meter Box
In the UK electrical meter boxes may be installed in the wall cavity (recessed) or wall mounted. We offer a variety of electrical meter boxes to suit all requirements. All of our electrical meter boxes conform to British Standard BS 8567.
Recessed, built in the wall – UK Standard
GRP Box complete with backboard and key to house domestic electricity meter. Durable and resistant against rusting and corrosion. Cable entry and Meter tail positions pre-drilled and supplied with infill cap and key. Cable entry via hockey stick. Complies with British Standard BS 8567.
Material Specification: Glass Reinforced Polyester Moulding (GRP). Fire Retardant BS476, Part 7, 1997, Class 2. 595mm x 409mm x 120mm
Due to the fragile nature of these items we use a domestic courier services which can take up to 4-days.