Polyguard MDPE Barrier Pipe and Fittings
Polyguard Barrier Pipe is specified for water main installations within brownfield / contaminated land sites.
- Polypipe's Polyguard pipe & fittings conform withType A:WIS 4-32-19 with an aluminium barrier layer for potable water.
- Complies with BS6920 Water Quality Testing
- Approved under Regulation 13 of the Water Supply Regulations
- Approved for use in Public Water Supplies
- WIS approved plastic fittings for Polyguard
Please allow 2-3 days for delivery of these products.
Polyguard 25mm Polyguard X 25mm MDPE Transition Coupler
Polyguard 32mm Polyguard X 32mm MDPE Transition Coupler
Polyguard DZR Gunmetal 63mm x 63mm PE Transition Coupler
- What is the Polyguard MDPE barrier pipe?Polyguard MDPE (Medium Density Polyethylene) barrier pipe is a type of pipe that is designed to prevent the permeation of contaminants into the water supply. It features a barrier layer that acts as a protective barrier between the pipe material and the water, reducing the risk of contamination.
- What are the common applications of Polyguard MDPE barrier pipe?Polyguard MDPE barrier pipe is commonly used in plumbing and water distribution systems where protection against potential contaminants is essential. It is often used for potable water supplies in domestic, commercial, and industrial settings.
- What are the benefits of using Polyguard MDPE barrier pipe?Polyguard MDPE barrier pipe offers several benefits, including protection against the ingress of contaminants, increased durability and longevity, resistance to corrosion and chemical degradation, and compliance with regulatory standards for drinking water applications.
- What materials are Polyguard MDPE barrier pipes typically made from?Polyguard MDPE barrier pipes are typically made from high-quality medium-density polyethylene (MDPE) material. The barrier layer is incorporated within the pipe construction to provide an extra layer of protection.
- What types of fittings are available for Polyguard MDPE barrier pipes?A range of fittings is available specifically designed for use with Polyguard MDPE barrier pipes. These fittings include couplers, elbows, tees, reducers, stop ends, and connectors, allowing for secure and reliable connections in the plumbing system.
- Are Polyguard MDPE barrier pipes easy to install?Polyguard MDPE barrier pipes are designed for ease of installation. They are typically lightweight and flexible, allowing for straightforward handling and connection using compatible fittings. However, professional installation is recommended to ensure proper jointing and compliance with regulations.
- Are there any regulations or standards for Polyguard MDPE barrier pipes and fittings?Polyguard MDPE barrier pipes and fittings should comply with relevant industry standards and regulations, such as those set by the Water Regulations Advisory Scheme (WRAS) in the UK or similar regulatory bodies in other regions. Compliance ensures the products meet quality and safety requirements.
- Do Polyguard MDPE barrier pipes require maintenance?Polyguard MDPE barrier pipes generally do not require specific maintenance. However, regular inspection for leaks, damage, or blockages is recommended to ensure the integrity and efficient operation of the plumbing system.
- Can Polyguard MDPE barrier pipes be used for both aboveground and underground applications?Polyguard MDPE barrier pipes can be used for both aboveground and underground applications. However, it is important to ensure that the specific pipes and fittings used are designed and rated for the intended application and environmental conditions.
- Can Polyguard MDPE barrier pipes be connected to other pipe materials?Polyguard MDPE barrier pipes can be connected to other pipe materials such as copper, PEX, or PVC pipes using appropriate transition fittings or adaptors. It is important to ensure compatibility and follow manufacturer guidelines for proper connections.